PayEm is a global procurement and spend management platform that automates finance processes from request to reconciliation. By reducing friction and tedious tasks for finance teams, our clients increase productivity, reduce risk and lower operating costs to contribute to business growth. This is an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing company that is enjoying 3x growth year over year. PayEm is 3 years old and has over 150 customers and has paid suppliers and employees in over 200 countries.
PayEm’s Finance team is looking for an ambitious Controller to join our team. The Controller should have the ability to quickly understand and execute PayEm’s financial, and accounting needs. We are looking for a team player to collaborate with other functions in the team in order to execute PayEm’s financial needs to the highest standard. This position is a hands-on position, interacting and coordinating with colleagues in various operational departments to ensure proper accounting treatment, execution of accounting functions, and reporting of results.
- CPA with Big 4 Hi-Tech department experience- MUST
- At least 3-4 years of experience from Hi-Tech company with global operations- MUST
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and deadlines
- Proficient with Excel
- Netsuite experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Team-oriented and have the confidence in dealing with people at all levels within the organization
- Excellent English – written and verbal
ABOUT THE ROLE
- AR operations, revenue recognition, day-to-day finance operations.
- Cash management.
- Work closely with PayEm’s product and BI teams.
- Drive a timely monthly close process and report to management, quarterly reviews, and annual audits. Ensure compliance with local statutory regulations.
- Manage and develop month-end accounting processes and standards. Ensure the month close is completed accurately and within the monthly close cycle, including the preparation, review of all Balance Sheet account reconciliations and key accruals, and analytical review of all P&L items.
- Develop key financial policies and procedures, including implementing and maintaining the policies within global activities.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance on various special projects and ad hoc analyses as assigned.