PayEm is a global procurement and spend management platform that automates finance processes from request to reconciliation. By reducing friction and tedious tasks for finance teams, our clients increase productivity, reduce risk and lower operating costs to contribute to business growth. This is an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing company that is enjoying 3x growth year over year. PayEm is 3 years old and has over 150 customers and has paid suppliers and employees in over 200 countries
As our Head of Product Design, you will own the overall user experience at PayEm and take the product experience to the next level. You will take a key part in shaping the experience of our product - from building a cohesive and unified design system, to turning deep user challenges into delightfully simple flows and beautiful designs. Our domain is full of complexities, and you will be resolving them in ways that our customers love, and work for our business.
This is a one in a million opportunity to lead a team headed for huge success. If you want to make an impact, if you’re up for the amazing scale up challenge, if you’re passionate about design, data, and the possibilities of disruption - we’re saving you a front seat at our table.
- 3+ years of experience leading design teams of B2B SaaS companies. Experience in B2C a plus.
- 6+ years of working experience as a product or UX designer, and examples of your recent work.
- Experience working in an early-stage startup.
- Experience in designing systems from different points of view for several personas
- Track record of applying design processes and best practices.
- Strong UX mindset, with emphasis on usability, an obsession for details, and a passion for delightful visual design.
- Experience designing consistent, elegant and thoughtful UI, working with an evolving design system.
- Passion to turn complex problems into simple flows and design solutions. You’re not just interested in how things look, but how they work, and why they were created in the first place.
- Learn as you go - you are eager to learn the challenges of the field in order to create the product to disrupt it.
- You are a design advocate at heart, you spark excitement in everyone around to build amazing products, and rally the team behind your designs.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with research practices, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Illustration or motion graphics design skills.
- Previous experience with payments and/or SaaS products.
- 2+ years of experience leading mobile product design.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Coach and develop design team members.
- Define and execute the UX Strategy of the company’s products
- Manage project goals and resource allocation.
- Lead the product design domain and strengthen UX practices; incorporating best practices and the latest methods/tools.
- Ensure that UX guidelines are produced and followed across products and platforms.
- Oversee the structure of the design team, and make the required adjustments throughout our company growth.
- Manage hiring and HR for the team, including onboarding new hires.
- Inspire creativity in all design work.